Agrotourism in Indonesia, Interested Agrotourism for Safety Tour Agenda
Visiting Agrotourism Destination for Your Safety Holiday
INTERNATIONAL | TOURISM - Indonesia has its own charm regarding the surrounding natural environment. In recent years, nature tourism has become one of the most popular tourist spots by local and foreign tourists. Not surprisingly, from year to year nature tourism in Indonesia is increasingly varied, one of which is Agrotourism.
Definition of Agrotourism
Agrotourism is a combination of tourism and agricultural or plantation activities as a community destination which is carried out in plantation, agriculture or animal husbandry environments. This tour is one way for farmers to earn money, apart from selling their produce.
For urban people, traveling like this is good for them, because they can learn about plantations/farming/animal husbandry, pick fruit straight from the tree, or just walk around the neighborhood to breathe fresh air. In addition, for parents who have children, taking their families to tourist attractions like this will introduce the origin of the fruit or vegetables they consume. Children will know that the fruits and vegetables they eat come from plantations and agriculture.
Currently, some agro tourism is not only focused on planting flowers, picking fruit or taking walks. But it also provides other facilities such as camping ground, flying fox and exciting outbound .
Objectives and benefits
The purpose of agro tourism is to expand knowledge, as a recreational experience, and improve business relations in the field of agriculture/animal husbandry/plantation. Apart from these destinations, there are other benefits of this tour.
Reporting from the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, there are several benefits of agro tourism, namely:
- Can improve environmental conservation
With this agro tourism object, it is hoped that it can be useful for the environment. So that it can provide freshness and comfort for visitors who enjoy it.
2. Increase the aesthetic value and natural beauty
Agro tourism can provide beautiful natural scenery, panoramas that provide comfort, are neatly arranged, and natural nuances are created around the environment.
3. Provide recreational value
As a recreational value, agro tourism can also be equipped with other facilities, such as a restaurant, the possibility of providing accommodation, fruits, flowers, food and others.
4. Improving scientific activities and developing science
Agro tourism is not just a place of recreation, but also can provide a source of information for anyone who wants to learn and know about plantations, animal husbandry and agriculture. In addition, agro tourism also provides research facilities in the form of experimental gardens.
Meanwhile, according to the Publication Paper on Agrotourism as Alternative Tourism, it explains that there are benefits for farmers and visitors. Benefits to farmers (Loco et al, 1999) are detailed as follows.
- To increase income, improve living standards, as well as for the continuity of operations for local farmers.
- Become a means to educate the public about the importance of agriculture and its contribution to the economy.
- Increase decent income in the village, so that the flow of urbanization to urban areas can be reduced.
- As a promotional media for local products, helping to market businesses, creating added value, stimulating economic activities, and can provide benefits to the community.
While the benefits for visitors (Rilla et al, 1999) are as follows.
- To establish good relations with the principle of kinship with farmers or local communities.
- To improve the freshness and health of the body.
- Means to rest in order to eliminate boredom.
- To have an awesome experience.
- Get natural or organic food .
- Get a different atmosphere than usual.
- The cost of agro tourism is relatively cheap.
The types of agro-tourism that we can find around us are as follows.
In agro tourism in plantations, there are several activities that can be carried out, such as conducting nurseries ( pre-production ), maintenance, and marketing ( post-production ).
Agrotourism activities involve visits to orchards or flower gardens. There the tourists can pick their own fruit, or see for themselves the various processing that exists.
This agro tourism consists of wet and dry food farming. In wet agriculture, rice is produced, while in dry agriculture, corn, peanuts and soybeans are produced. The commodities produced in agriculture in the highlands are cabbage, radishes, leeks, and carrots.
In this agro tourism, the activities carried out can be in the form of watching fish cultivation and fishing activities such as fishing or fishing. Fishing can be done in public waters (lakes, swamps, rivers) or in sea waters.
This tour is usually related to learning how to raise livestock, both traditional and modern. This farm can be in the form of cattle, buffalo, chicken, goat, sheep and others.
This tour is related to production forests and forest plant products, such as Pine, Teak, Rasamala, Damar, Mahogany and Jungle. Activities carried out can be in the form of hunting animals, picking mushrooms or studying nature.
Agrotourism Places in Indonesia
There are many agro-tourism attractions in Indonesia today that are spread throughout the archipelago. However, here only a few examples of agro tourism attractions will be presented, namely as follows.
- Rancabali Tea Plantation in Ciwidey, Bandung
- Lembang Strawberry Farm in Bandung
- Merapi Herbal Farm in Yogyakarta
- Taman Turi Agrotourism in Sleman, Yogyakarta
- Beautiful Indonesian Orchid Garden in East Jakarta
- Kusuma Agrotourism in Batu, East Java
- Dragon Garden Agrotourism in Bululawang
- Shark Hatchery in Karimunjawa, Central Java
Based on the explanation above, we know that agro tourism has many benefits for us. In addition, there are many types of agro tourism, so we can enrich our knowledge when we visit these places. Not only to enrich knowledge, but also as a means of recreation and refreshment from all the hustle and bustle of urban activities.
Editor :Andi Saputra
Source : SigapNews Contributors Group